The twenty-seventh edition of the Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems (SEBD – Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati) will be jointly organized by ISTI CNR Pisa, Sapienza Università di Roma, Università della Calabria and ICT-SUD Cosenza. It will take place in Castiglione della Pescaia (Grosseto) at Riva del Sole Resort & SPA from 16th to June 19th 2019.
The SEBD symposium is the major annual event of the Italian database research community. It is thought as a gathering forum to meet, discuss, and exchange experiences among all people from academy and industry who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
For its 27th edition, SEBD will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: Ph.D. students. They will be asked to submit a 4 pages paper describing their research which will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations.
See PhD Session for more information.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain.
Suggested topics include (but not limited to) the following:
- Big Data and Smart Computing;
- Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS;
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, information extraction, and machine learning;
- Data visualization;
- Data warehousing;
- Distributed and parallel databases;
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and Cloud Computing;
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases;
- Keyword-based access to structured data;
- Ontology-based data management;
- Privacy, security and trust management;
- Query processing and optimization, approximate query answering;
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases;
- Scientific and Statistical Databases;
- Semantic-Web data;
- Social networks and Graph databases;
- Transaction and workflow management, interoperability and Web services
Steering Committee Members
- Maristella Agosti
- Sonia Bergamaschi
- Silvana Castano
- Valeria De Antonellis
- Sergio Greco
- Maurizio Lenzerini
- Giansalvatore (Gianni) Mecca
- Domenico Saccà
- Letizia Tanca
- Riccardo Torlone
Emeritus Steering Committe Members
- Antonio Albano
- Fabio Schreiber
- Paolo Tiberio
With the support of